Saturday, November 8, 2008

Transformation

So I was thinking about what I'd like to transform into after the POD we had about...well, transformation.  Putting aside the obvious first choice of a shapeshifter (somebody who can turn into anything whenever they want or need to) because that's probably cheating, I decided on a porcupine.

This wouldn't really be that big of change for me really, just a change of shape.  Still, I think that's a good thing though, because honestly, I like me, and there's not a whole lot I'd really want to change.  The things I do want to change are things I can work on just fine without turning into a library or what have you.

Basically, I just think it'd be fun to walk around as a porcupine.  I mean, I already have a kind of prickly exterior sometimes, and most of the people who make me really mad regret it afterwards, but I also have a more vulnerable soft squishy side to me too, similar to our spiky friends.

I think it'd be an easy change to make too, which is nice because you don't want to wake up one day to find yourself something completely different wondering what was in your mac and cheese from the night before.  I'm naturally low to the ground, so that'd be a pretty smooth transition and with the aforementioned personality traits, I think, if I were to transform, becoming a porcupine would be a solid choice.

8 comments:

Anthony Mystery said...

i think that your choice of becoming a porquipine is a fitting one. i do think that you may be more fitting as a ground hog if i may say so myself; one with a little bit less of an agressive side.

Kristi said...

I like your choice of a porcupine. It was entertaining to read and interesting to think about. I'm sure porcupines must have a sense of humor as well!

Shauna L said...

A porquipine is an interesting choice.
Being all of the 5ft that I am. I can definitely relate to your post to some extent.

aleeshaKo said...

Omg-sh!
So this morning, I woke up as a jack-o-lantern and I was so confused. Then, I remembered that I ate Mac N Cheese last night, so from your blog, I've discovered that if I eat Mac N Cheese on a Monday night, Tuesday, I will wake up as a jack-o-lantern!

I'm really glad that I read this, otherwise I probably would still be confused.

I might just end up avoiding Mac N Cheese on mondays from now on.

I think that I would be a black panther btw. Then I would run for king of the jungle, it would be awesome!

Peter G. said...

Ya a porcupine would be a pretty cool thing to transform into. They can shoot needles and stuff and your personality would be a pretty good fit too.

Anna said...

I think that you would be a great porquipine because it fits you so well. You know how to defend yourself and you are nice to everyone.

AGray said...

LOL ABBY.
This is probably the best blog I've seen so far. You really captured the essence of the porcupine, and I absolutely adore how you related yourself to it. I was literally LOL'ING while reading this. You are one of a kind, and I would have Never in a million gazillion patillion years think to be a porcupine. Major Kudos!


hahaha peace woman!!

Marisa said...

I love your choice abby. Porquipines are awesome. It is a very close match to you, in most ways. Porquipines also know how to pick awesome costumes, like a transformer toaster.